Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

rain couldn't stop me (us)

Saturn Sky Redline
actually rain did stop me. i was hoping to ride to and from work on friday, but the radar was angry and i have had enough of riding in the rain. so i drove to work with the beautiful mrs k.
.
the rain couldn't stop me from riding home, however. i had the moots in the car, along with my gear, and the weather cooperated. it was quite nice, really. hot, sunny. oh yeah.
and at my extended track stand at baxter and clarkson i had the pleasure of viewing one of my favorite roadsters, the saturn sky redline. i have never, ever been a miata fan. perhaps a lack of masculinity. but the sky/solstice duo remind me of 3/4 scale corvettes. there are even companies that have gone that extra wild step to make that more true by installing GM LS-V8's in them. i didn't mind hanging around at the stop light looking down at the interior, either, as GM has finally gotten out of the 70's and put some real quality interiors in their better cars. i say better cars because someone forgot to tell the cobalt product manager that the ol' calendar had rolled past 1979 a few years back.
.
when i rolled up to our driveway, mrs k was mowing the lawn. normally that is my job, so it was with mixed emotions that i watched her tug and pull and push on the mower in the thick wet grass.
.
"you know, it'll be much easier tomorrow afternoon when the grass is dry," i said.
.
"i know," she said.
.
"well, why don't you wait to do it tomorrow?" i asked.
.
"because i wanted to get it done tonight," she replied.
.
good woman.

No comments: