Pages

Friday, March 02, 2007

maybe it's finally over

after an early meeting with schlama lama ding dong, our orbea rep, i bid the boys at work a farewell so i could go to the doctor. my famous cough has lingered for 4 weeks and has morphed into a deep bronchial thing. i coughed so hard yesterday that i feel that i have broken a rib. i'm sore, i'm coughing like crazy, i need some relief.

the doc had me get xrays to make sure i didn't have some funky lung disease, and to check for any broken ribs. she also gave me some heavy duty prescription cough stuff. i think it's working so far. i'm so used to coughing, though, any relief feels like i'm a new man, so we'll see if it pans out in a few days.

when i was 10 or 11 years old, i coughed so bad for so long i was put into the hospital. they did some lung tests and all kinds of stuff. i remember getting fudge ice cream bars out of the refridgerator at the nurses station. and some kid next to me in my room who was in for rhumatoid arthritis who cried all night long. made my cough seem like not such a big deal...

No comments: