Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2017

Ready for 50

At the beginning of 2016, I took stock in my health and I wasn't happy.  I had a lot of ailments and my cycling-imbalanced body needed work.  If I wasn't going to be racing, I decided I had to make the most of what I had left.

I never once visited a gym, but I have a couple of dumb bells and a pull-up bar.  Push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, planks, and a few shoulder exercises with the dumb bells.  Twice a week.

This is the result, about 6 weeks away from my 50th birthday.  This is me.  I'm never going to give in to old age.  Age eventually wins, but I want to live the way I want to live.  When my time comes, I won't be sorry.

Somewhere there is a saying, something like "It's not the number of years to your life, but the amount of life in your years."  I'm sure I butchered that, but you get the picture.

Onward and upward.

No comments: