Friday, February 10, 2017

It may all seem like fun and games, but

The Cobra has sat silent for a while.  It's a real bitch to drive a topless car past Thanksgiving, I'm telling you.  I started it last week and was disappointed with the floppy idle.  Today I made some time to get under the hood treat the beast with some loving care.
The plugs are old.  They didn't look too bad, but I'm going to replace them.  While I was in the vicinity, I noticed a lot of darkness on the plug wire boots.  Sure enough, the header bolts were loose.  That explains a lot.  Next week, I will button this up with new plugs and a little dielectric grease on the wires, along with a solid torquing of the header bolts.  Then I'm going to tame the Holley Mighty Demon.
Then I shed my civilian clothes and donned the outfit of Captain Seatbag.  Greensfelder was great for 75% of the time, but the other 25% was not so great.  My intention was to do the entire trail system from Dogwood all the way around to the new stuff and up out of Eagle Valley. I had to tread lightly on the north facing stuff that wasn't rock, so I only managed 13 miles and 1400 feet of climbing.

No comments: