Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Lost Valley - Because Sometimes You Have To Ride Where You Don't Want To

 I never noticed this handy map at the small parking lot off of 94.  Why ride the boring gravel road from the Mound when you can just park at this handy little lot and bomb IMMEDIATELY down into Lost Valley??
Not a ton of riding today, but I did Lost Valley counter clockwise (the typical race direction) which is probably important.  I can't put my finger on exactly why I don't like CCW direction.  I thought it was Lost Valley in general but when I rode there earlier in the week we did CW and it was quite enjoyable.  One fact is that the trail is really choppy.  Getting a rhythm when not on a gravel section is impossible.  There are so many things to keep you off balance.  I like hard trails; Chubb Greensfelder, Matson hill, etc. are my favorites.  Lost Valley is different, that's all I can come up with.  I guess if I rode there enough I'd figure it out.

No comments: