Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

my philosophy

the supa fly was hiding behind the homegrown this morning

the first mtb race of the year was today at st. joe state park. that's nice. good for them. i didn't go.

first off, there has been very little off-road riding for me during the last few months. the horrid winter just made it too hard to get out. secondly, let's be honest...i'm a fair weather rider. it's been raining. i don't care what the race promoters say...it wasn't going to be dry today. sometimes it seems as though the truth gets stretched when there is iffy weather in the run up to local bike races. i'll stick with what i know. just as they have a right to put on a race whenever and however they choose, i reserve the right to race when i want to. enough said.

i'm looking forward to racing when it's nice outside and the trails are dry. i've raced over 1500 motos of bmx, over 300 mtb races, and probably 300 road events in my 30+ years of racing. many, many of those have been under adverse weather conditions and i believe i have paid my dues. i don't have to race when my heart isn't in it, so i don't.

5 comments:

Skeet Skeet said...

Today sucked.. you didnt miss anything.

Brian said...

Sunday was not a TK day. I rode the Berryman and it was a muddy mess. You made the right choice.

Chris said...

I'm reminded of what Jerry said when Duncan wanted him to race: "Because I choose NOT TO!!"

Casey Ryback said...

Gross. Berryman.

Heaven forbid that they mtb race season starts in late april or may...

I don't think you nee to justify anything...

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

i am at a loss every year when the schedule comes out...yep, racing in march. i know guys are chomping at the bit to race after a long hard winter, but after reading comments and seeing video and photos there is no question we start too early. at least no question to me, and since i'm paying the money and turning the pedals, my opinion matters.