Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

Ok, I lied. Last Post of 2021

"How many miles do you ride a year?" is a common question that bike riders get from curious outsiders. Truth be told, I don't get in many miles.  Partly because I don't actually ride many miles, and partly because a lot of my miles are logged off-road.  This year was a bit lower mileage than previous years because, well, work.  Gotta make the donuts.  The mileage winner this year, like a lot of years for me, was my mountain bike.  Between the mountain bikes in my garage, I logged 1089 miles.  Total and complete props to Flannery Allison for the amazing photo from Cape Girardeau!!
Second on the list is road riding.  I like road riding, but I like it more for a good, hard workout than just logging miles.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  Most of my road miles came from my carbon gravel bike, which I rode while waiting for a real race bike, like the TCR that finally arrived late in the year.  Total road miles: 994.
A surprising number of road miles were logged on the Carbon Shitbike.  Not a very flattering name for a bike that took me so many places and logged so many training miles.  And it doubles as a cyclocross bike, too.  Got to get that white seat back.
The surprise players this year?  My BMX bikes.  Riding a BMX bike takes a helmet, some shorts, and some sticky tennis shoes.  So easy to get out of the garage and riding, a total of 5 minutes preparation...which is all I had to get ready many days with the shop doing gangbusters.  Between the Redline, the Schwinn, and the GT, I logged 572 miles. So fun, so childish!!

All said and done, just about 2700 miles total.  That includes race days, too.  Not a ton of miles, but a ton of adventures.

 

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sounds like a great balance, it’s not about mileage it’s about fun times:)