Pages

Sunday, January 09, 2022

2022 - Time to Change it Up

I spent 2021 on a very racy Giant Anthem.  I like racing bikes. This one was fun.  I went reasonably fast. But you know... I also like pounding the trail with a bit of reckless abandon.  Plus, it never hurts to have an extra layer of suspension to save my arse when the speed on the trail has exceeded my talents. This pretty Giant Trance was sitting in the showroom for a while this year.  It's not a radical departure from the Anthem, but it does have more travel and it's angles are more forgiving. I'm not afraid to race a trail bike and I doubt the Trance will slow me down at all.
But what of the racy Anthem? That was set before I even decided to nab the Trance.  Eli has been getting more and more into mountain bike racing and he used the Anthem at the last few races.  Nearly every time we ride, he gets faster. He's the new pilot of the rocket ship.  No doubt if he keeps working, he will make it go faster than I could.
And what of the Hound Dog?  What is Remi changing up for 2022? Nothing. He stays the same. Stubborn. Big. Loud. Hungry. Always in need of a bath.  Some things don't need to change.
 

No comments: