Pages

Sunday, April 05, 2020

When Bored - Everyday Things Can Seem Interesting


First completely off-the-wall yet incredibly interesting thing:  This Lightning McQueen sandwich box used to be Eli's.  He used to have a matching thermos to go with it, but that's gone.  Now, I use it in my lunch box.  Why?  Because!  I'm incredibly immature and Lightning McQueen spells danger and adventure!
Use a GPS device on your BMX bike?  I do!  Because anything worth doing is worth quantifying.  I have to put it in an odd spot on the top tube because -just no- it won't fit on the bars or stem.  Sometimes I look down to see how fast I'm going and almost run into stuff.
For years I've been using my BMX bike to ride up to the stairs.  And to do sprints with.  It's fun and it absolutely befuddles passers-by because -old guy on a little bike- is just too much for some to wrap their minds around.  Just slightly more adult, I've been painting the doors in the house.  Amazing how beat up they get, and how "BRIGHT TRIM WHITE" is really white.  And bright.
Ending on a serious note.  Our pride and joy.  He is a huge jackass. And the source of so much joy for our family.  He's got cancer.  You can see that lump in the photo, just behind his right front leg. Nothing we can really do about it.  For now, he is the most spoiled dog on the planet.  And we like it that way.

No comments: