Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

It's Tuesday, so things must be done

Tuesdays have been my day off for a while now.  It's nice to have a day off in the middle of the week.  Since the plague has come our way, it's been a mixed bag.  What do I need to accomplish and where do I need to go?  And of course, where to ride?  Since St. Charles has not closed it's parks (and they are much more sparsely used) I chose Lost Valley today.  Never my favorite mountain bike trail, and it's a far-ish drive out there.  I was surprised today, though.  It was in good shape, only a few wet spots, and I saw 6 people total on the trail.  The Mound parking lot, under construction by the way, was nearly empty, too.  It was a good ride and I'm really glad I went.
I've been putting off vacuuming out the Focus since...well...since I got it in 2018.  Oh, I'm sure I've vacuumed it once or twice.  Not much, though.  So today was the day.  I went deep.  Not deep enough to get all of the Rex-hairs out of the carpet.  Clean enough, however.
As hard as I tried, I could not hear my boys doing any housework.  Wait....nope.  Couldn't hear a thing....
Rex wasn't doing any housework either.  He was in his familiar spot, on Hanna's bed, looking out the window.  He was waiting on Mom to come home from work.  He's had a good couple of days.  He got all riled up this morning and raced down the steps, barking at the back door.  I let him out and he went crazy in the back yard, his panties in an obvious bunch over something.  It made me happy to see that he's still all jackass.

No comments: