Pages

Monday, April 27, 2020

Red, Red, I Want Red

I'm not sure why birds can't find their way out of a garage.  The biggest source of light is the 25 foot wide, 9 foot high door, and yet they always fly around the back, trying to find a way out of the walls.  This beautiful red Cardinal (can't tell that because I'm a crappy photographer) was having a terrible time the other night trying to get out.  I gave up helping.  Eventually, he got out.
More red on our little getaway down to St. Joe State Park.  No closures there for the bike path.  Well, there is one section that is under construction but we're mountain bikers so we found a way around and still rocked some pretty good average speeds. Very few people there, and the path is a lot of fun with switchbacks, uphills, downhills, and good scenery.
To top off the red theme, I was sporting my newly minted all-around bike.  Previously known as the Shitbike because it's frame had such humble origins, it's now built around a bad ass Rage Red Trek Procaliber carbon frame. Was this responsible for my speedy ride at St. Joe?  We all know how much fun it is to ride a new bike, so maybe so.  Or maybe because my beautiful bride kept telling me to go faster as she drafted me.  :)

No comments: