Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Last Post of 2019 - 2020 Will be a Great Year

Seems like a tragedy to ruin a great end-of-year blog post with a photo of  a grilled cheese sandwich.  But, quite the contrary.  This grilled cheese has salami on it, which makes it a super special grilled cheese sandwich.  And that's my metaphor for 2019...it was super special.  Not any one thing made it that way.  The culmination of so many things going right for Deanna and I make 2019 the best year of my life, of our lives.  And I get grilled cheese with salami so there.
What was I thankful for at Christmas?  Everything.  I don't need gifts.  I just need people that care.  And I have so many of those.  I did get a keyless garage door opener, though.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I got socks.  Not just any socks.  THESE SOCKS!  I won't tell you about the truly wonderful things that our family gave to us, because it's mostly stuff that didn't go under a tree anyway.  We are loved, and no one let's us forget that.
We went out.  We traveled.  We laughed. We cried.  We struggled.  We triumphed.  We aged.  We acted like children.  Bratty ones.  We worked. We played.  We adulted, probably too much, probably not when we needed to, but we adulted and I'd like to think we made our parents proud.
Best of all, we did it together.  We are not great as loners.  We do our best work when we work for something, for each other, with each other.  Forget about that time we almost killed ourselves with the extension ladder.  There are no photos of that so we're probably good.  Next year, we're going to live the same way, hopefully better.  Whatever happens, it will happen.  Mostly, we just care that we're doing it together.

No comments: