Pages

Sunday, January 05, 2020

Attempting to get the Kids into Mountain Biking

As good as my kids have always been at riding bikes, none of them have really taken to it as a first sport.  They like baseball, football, soccer, volleyball, etc.  Totally fine sports, but c'mon man!  Deanna and I took Eli to Cliff Cave on New Years day (and hundreds of other people had the same idea...), one of our many attempts to get him enthused about riding.
We met Deanna's brother Kevin and his young man Michael there, too.  Eli did ride the Bluff Loop with me a couple of times and missed getting through the dip by ONE pedal stroke.  All this on one of the old Shit Bikes. All those Gateway Cup kids race wins are no fluke! Michael is quite the bike rider, and he kept asking for more so we gave him more.
Deanna took him for another few miles, around the Outer Loop on the other side of the road.  He seemed to really like it.  I bet he slept well, though.  All said, it was a promising day on the bikes.  Not that I want to live vicariously through my children's sports, but it would be great to see them get the joy that I get from cycling.

No comments: