Pages

Sunday, January 05, 2020

I Hate Painting

The Great Paint of 2020 started a few days ago.  Every room and our house needs painting, but we began with the upstairs since we are going to replace the 15-year-old carpet and there is no way in hell I'm going to get paint dripped on that.  Our room was first, just because. The obligatory patching of the drywall was the first step.  There are always dings to fix, so that took a while.  Then the ceiling paint.  Finally the walls. The beautiful Mrs K did our bathroom yesterday.  Yikes.  I hate painting.
When we got the room put back together, it looked great. And it must have felt great, too, because a few minutes after we sat down, satisfied with a job well done, this happened.  Kind of like he made a nest in our perfectly clean, newly painted room.
Just for kicks, he got up there again tonight, in my spot.  We have a lot of other rooms to paint, and I have a feeling he will still be making his home on my bed, in my spot.

No comments: