Pages

Sunday, December 08, 2019

Wisconsin, Margaritas, Cliff Cave, and Greensfelder

I have an extremely blessed life.  You'd never know it if you listened to me complain.  But I do.  This past week, I spent most of my time in Madison with my fellow Trek-ites.  Notice I didn't call them Trekkies because that name is taken.  The convention hall was stunning, right on Lake Monona. We were there for some learnin' and some teachin' and some good times.
I didn't sleep well while I was there.  I usually don't when I'm out of town.  Missing my honey accounts for some of my sleeplessness.  I'm trying to justify this amazing breakfast of Monster and donuts, so roll with it.
One of the nights, I strolled past the capital building and found Ian's pizza.  I remember eating here when I lived in Madison in 1994.  Good pizza.  They had Cherry Pepsi in a coke cup, too.
 I drank some water, too.
However good one's travels may be, there is no place like home.  The beautiful Mrs K picked me up at the airport and promptly drove us to Creve Coeur where we rode mountain bikes.  She had packed it all up for us and it was glorious.  We also celebrated my return home with some margaritas.  Some is a vague term.
Still full of margaritas, we joined some of the GORC crew for some finishing touches on a new section of trail at Cliff Cave.  Trail building can be tough work.  Just look at this guy.  He looks like an old man.  Wait.  That's me. I'm still standing like that.  My back hurts.
 The family that builds trails together is cooler than most.
To make all of our backs feel better, and to celebrate the new switchbacks on the Overlook Trail, we all ate sandwiches and basked in the glory of a 59 degree sunny day.  So happy we were finally able to give a little help to the wonderful trail builders at GORC.
After the trail build, I felt it was an appropriate time to take out Mrs K's awesome, long-er travel mountain bike.  I have always been against such things.  But times change and so does my spinal column, so I tweaked a few things and hit Greensfelder.  Trail was in great shape and I must say I am a huge fan of the Fuel EX.  She says she wants the bike back, though.

Huge shout out to Dan B for the ride-along at Greenselder.  Way more fun than riding solo!

No comments: