Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Do these lights make my Xmas Tree look fat?

Before I get to the xmas light drama, I have to tell you how much fun I've been having riding the longer travel mountain bikes.  We got a Trek EX8 for Deanna a couple of months ago.  She really loves it.  I finally took it for a couple of rides myself at Greensfelder and WOW!  I may just lay waste to 30 years of cross country experience by saying that these new generation of long travel bikes are just better bikes.  I had so much fun at Greensfelder and could have ridden much longer if I had the time.
The beautiful Mrs K insisted that I give her bike back.  So I did.  But I was able to borrow a demo EX and we rode at Cliff Cave...each of us on our long travel bikes.  I proceeded to mop up my own fastest time on the Bluff Loop.  I'm sold!  Now I just have to get one of my own.
Now to the interesting part.  This large bundle of wire and lights were the xmas lights that we used on our tree last year.  And this year....one half of one strand worked.  The others were dead as a door nail!  Bizarre! So, so wasteful.  But never fear....
We had bought a few strands of indoor-outdoor lights to put up on the exterior of the house.  And our "exterior light" child procrastinated when asked to do his job and put them up.  And procrastinated.  No exterior lights.  How fortunate.  We repurposed them for the tree.  Now, it might be just me, but our tree kinda looks like an exploding star in our living room. We will see how long this lasts.

No comments: