Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Determined to Run Trails Again

Last November, I started having trouble with my right heel.  It came from running, I know that.  It persisted, so I didn't run again until February.  I got a few good runs in and some fun trail mileage until we went to Bentonville for my birthday in March.  I had one good run there at Blowing Springs and my left hip started hurting.  I was in pain for a few weeks. Wow, it was tough.  Since then, I have run very little but I so badly miss running on my favorite trails.  Top on that list is Beulah, which is in Greensfelder Park.
The trails are still too wet to ride but I knew Beulah would be ok to hike and run.  I decided today would be my Day 1 in the quest to run again.  Armed with knowledge about my previous injuries, I think I can get back into the swing like I was in 2017-2018 when I ran the Beulah 3-6-9 off-road race.
I walked and ran a little over 2 miles with no pain yet.  I was feeling very good, but I didn't push it any harder.  I want this running thing to stick.  I made it a point to visit the Beulah shelter, which is 50-60 yards down from the parking area.  It was the scene of the start and finish of the race, which was run at night, in 19 degree temps with sleet and snow.  It's quite a different situation today, but I have incredible memories of this place.
And of course there is the wonderfully rustic out-house between the parking area and the shelter.  I can't say that I have fond memories of this thing.  It's just a little TOO rustic.  But it does fit right in with the entire Greensfelder experience.

No comments: