Pages

Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Webster Groves Pump Track

There is a super short pump track in Webster Groves.  Who knew?  My brother in law Kevin knew about it long before I did.  Eli and I trucked over with our BMX bikes and found this wee little bundle of fun to be a blast.  He's still learning but he's getting the hang of it. Remember, the beauty of the pump track is how little you have to pedal to go max speed.
The corners are naturally really tight, with vertical tops.  But they're really, really grippy so you can put your faith in your tires.  Trouble is, you run out of turn really fast. 
A couple laps and I was going as fast as I could possibly go. Which probably doesn't seem very fast unless you're the one on the track.  It's only about 24" wide in the straights so speed is both your friend and your enemy.
In other words, going as fast as possible in the corners means the speed is too fast for the making the straights.  At least for now.  I'd like to see how fast FAST is.

No comments: