Pages

Saturday, August 05, 2023

What a Bad Blogger you've chosen to follow

 

First off, I've been pretty busy. But really, I've been a bit sour. Ok, more sour than usual. I still haven't gained back any weight that I lost during my crappy bout with pancreatitis in May. Still down 10 pounds and feeling like my energy is somewhere in that 10 pounds. It was probably blubber anyway, but it was MY blubber.

However, there have been some great things happening anyway. Father's Day was a big hit around here. My clever children along with Mrs. K made a fine day for me. So I have that going for me.
We were able to make a nice mini-vacation from the 4th of July timing. Mrs. K, Eli, and I made the trip to Bentonville and stayed in an awesome tiny AirBnB. Lots of riding and hanging out with friends. That was needed so, so much. 
I got in a couple more mountain bike races, too. Rhett's Run in Columbia was pretty good, although that pesky teenager of mine beat me by about 20 seconds. St. Joe State Park wasn't so great. Pretty bad, actually. No excuses, but I felt a LOT like I did at Greensfelder in May before this mess all started.
We had a Tour de France Femmes bash at the shop for one of the GNO rides. Lots of fun, along with teenagers in berets and French wine and cheese.  I mean, we're like, so French, right??
And Remi, although very disappointed to have missed the World Naked Bike ride, is still the best Hound Dog ever. That is despite his love for my spot on the bed.





No comments: