Pages

Sunday, August 06, 2023

"Big" Mileage Week

Something worked out well this week. My riding schedule! 140 miles for the week. Not much by many standards but quite a few by my own. Nothing in the way of mountain biking, though, as the rain just kept coming. This morning Eli set out early to get in a big mileage day, adding intervals in there somewhere. I waited a bit longer and surprise! I parked right next to him in the parking lot at Chesterfield. It was dreary and rainy, but pleasant temps. 

By the time I had ridden the CX bike out the Katy, through Lost Valley and Busch Wildlife, the sun had come out. The first half, though, was soggy and soft. Not like a muddy mountain bike day, but the black mark on my left shoe is the actual color of the shoe...gravel splatter makes everything a drab grey. 30 miles of that was plenty for me.

But I wasn't finished. The beautiful Mrs. K wanted to go on a bike ride, too. Honestly, I was tired. We rode about 30 miles on the road and I was glad that was all we did. Upon finishing, we showered and went to eat burgers at Syberg's. Now I think we'll get ice cream. Probably multiple scoops.


 

No comments: