Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Car Watching - 1965 Corvette Sting Ray

It's finally car watching season and on a walkabout at lunch I caught this 1965 'Vette.  She's beautiful but obviously a driver, not a trailer queen...just like I like 'em!
They're incredibly small, these C2 cars.  But interestingly enough, the interiors are tall and wide.  This one was an automatic, but I didn't want to stick my phone inside this person's car to snap a photo.  You know, for fear of being branded a vandal or something.
This car could have had a 327 V8 or a 396 V8.  Either way, it probably sounds great and gets down the road just fine.
The money shot.  Most of the time, my perception of a car is built on how it looks in the 3/4 rear view, and the C2 coupes do the trick for me.  It's positively amazing from this view.
There is certainly some styling elements that made it to the '67 Buick Riviera here.  I'm fond of the exhausts that exit the rear valance.
And there it is.  Proof that some people will argue about anything... at some point the Corvette was a Stingray, and at other points it was a Sting Ray.  Haha, it's still an awesome car.

No comments: