Pages

Monday, May 20, 2019

Graduation Weekend

We had our oldest son's graduation festivities going on this weekend.  We had to take some time early on Friday to get in some couple-time.  We headed to Breommelsiek park in St. Charles County to get in some mountain biking.  It's a pretty little place with a really fun trail.  We had the place mostly to ourselves except for a few horseback riders.  Course was in great shape.
 Just because
 After a long, long day of preparations, we had to go to Eli's baseball game and then to Flannery's college graduation party.  But first, a little EGR work on Tyson's old Buick.  No, I didn't fix it. Yes, I did have to go back in to wash up and change clothes for the 3rd time that day.
On to Eli's baseball game.  He's a monster on the field but he needs to work on his batting.  It's so fun to see how much bigger, faster, and stronger he's gotten in the last 6 months!
This photo was actually taken two weekends ago when it was so cold and dreary.  The burner in an outdoor gas fireplace had rusted away and I'm absolutely certain I was cussing here.  But my plumber's smile is NOT showing, please take note!
 After ordering the replacement burner, I returned to install it Saturday and it's right on time!
After which, I trekked out to Greensfelder for some off-roading.  Wow, I've missed it!  I sat for a while in the parking lot, soaking in the awesome weather.  Trail was amazing, weather was amazing, so few distractions on the trail, too!
The beautiful Mrs K, beautiful as ever, at her no-longer-a-baby's graduation ceremony Saturday night.
 The big smiles we had once he finally got good and graduated!
 Happy happy, joy joy!  Now go out there and face the world, kid!
 The kids, all smiles.  Two down, one to go.  Hear that, Eli?
Of course the graduation crowd was a nightmare, so we waited around.  Hanna caught me and Eli.  I think he was trying to copy my skeptical look.  Nailed it.
The wonderful weather continued on Sunday, but Mrs K and I spent it indoors painting.  She had this paint dab on her face for a couple hours.  I get much joy out of this woman.

No comments: