Pages

Monday, May 06, 2019

Roofs and Raptors

A lot of times when you're standing on the ground looking up at something that you want accomplished on a roof, it seems like a piece of cake.  That outlook always changes when you're actually ON the roof.  I needed to remove an old satellite dish on a pretty steep roof.  I had already tried a ladder and it just wasn't tall enough.  Crawling out on the roof from an adjacent window seemed like a great alternative.
Sure enough, it was harder than I expected.  Really, it was scarier than I expected.  Not so scary that I didn't risk taking a photo while I was up there.  Small dish, a ratchet, a bit of fear...nothing to it.  Satellite down.
These Diamond Back bed covers are awesome.  Really cool aluminum construction.  There was a safety recall for the forward door that necessitated the installation of safety straps.
 Pretty simple job, installing the straps around the strut mounts.  Check out all that welded aluminum!
The instructions said it was a two-person job.  My lovely assistant was not available so I improvised, as I love to do.
Super clean installation that you would have to know was there to be able to see the modifications. I love when a project is so straight-forward, even if I have to hold a big aluminum door open with my head.

No comments: