Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2019

How much do you LOVE your weekends?

I love my weekends.  We always have so much to do.  It seems like there is never enough time to get it all done, either.  I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know.  I started mine off late last week by climbing up to the warehouse roof.  It's all good, because the beautiful Mrs K and I ended our Friday night by attending an awesome 'art' party and kicking it. I forgot all about the terror of this ladder.
The rain kept me from riding outside Saturday.  I've been trying to jump start my running again after enduring a heel injury, so I did that close to home at Whitecliff park.  It has a short, hilly gravel loop that was plenty solid after all of the rain and I ran a couple miles there.
The creek that runs through Whitecliff is normally a trickle but was pretty high.  It's a really pretty place, summer or winter.
My heel did bother me a bit afterward.  I couldn't find a sufficient place to stretch my Achilles, so I jumped up on the bridge.  It was warm, warmer than I thought, so I was drenched from the drizzle and from sweat while enjoying the view and assessing the damage to my wretched body.
Exactly what you think is happening here is happening.  If your tie is wrinkled and you have to go, you don't have time to remove it.  Just put it on the board and give it a go.  After this, we had the house to ourselves on a Saturday night so the beautiful Mrs K and I enjoyed the solitude!
The wind was vicious last night and today. The sun was inviting but it was pretty brutal outside. Deanna and I had a huge list of things to accomplish, mostly indoors. On the list was changing the oil in the Focus.  It should be easiest oil change ever.  It is not.  There is a cover under the engine and transmission that has to be removed.  Super easy but time consuming.
Also on the list was riding.  But the fore mentioned wind soured me on riding outside, so watching the 2007 Tour and riding the trainer was the best that I could do.

No comments: