Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

Endless Winter, Testing Limits of Sanity

 Another cold week started off with a late night trip to Wal-Mart.  Man, I hate that place.  But Mrs K and I got a ton of amusement from this over-zealous cart manager.
And I got some amusement over the beautiful Mrs K's need for reading glasses.  She has been making fun of me for years for squinting.  Now...the chickens have come home to roost!
How I would love to roost in the new Kia Stinger.  Twin turbo goodness from a decidedly affordable car company.  Short list if I win the bottom feeder lottery.
Deanna and I were able to ride outside twice this past week.  The sun is setting later and there was actually sun!  We didn't have to turn on our lights until we were about half-way through.
Finally had to get new pens.  8 months on the last two.  It's the small things in office life that stand out.
And while these are small, they are big.  My lunch notes from my beautiful wife.  Multi-colored and incredibly timely for my moods.  Thanks baby.
I stopped by Billy Goat Bikes on Saturday for some tires and Dirk had a couple of treasures in the back.  One was this Redline MX-II.  I had a blue one and a red one in my first year of racing!
 There was also this Diamond Back Turbo.  Wow, this stuff takes me back!  This one wasn't too bad, despite the broken right crank arm....and those rotten tires look original!
The beautiful Mrs K and I had to bust out and take in a little night life, too.  I caught her amazing beauty in this shot, accidentally!  She is the love of my life.
I may or may not have taken my youngest for some driving practice Sunday.  He was so much better than I thought he would be. And so much better than I was when I first got behind a wheel.
And then reality hit and I found myself doing 20/40's on the trainer.  Again.  Ahhhhhh!  Save me from winder, please!!

No comments: