Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Climbing Trees Adult Style

Remember when you were a kid and finding trees to climb around your neighborhood was a goal?  Sometimes they were tall and sometimes they were just above shoulder level.  Either way, it was fun and hanging out in a tree was a great way to view the world.  Along my journey to adulthood, I grew terrified of heights.  Yet I find myself climbing ladders and getting onto roofs.  Kind of like the adult version of climbing trees, only with terror rather than excitement.  This ladder looks safe, right?
 Hmm.  I've been up this one before.  I can do it.  I'm only 51, not 100.
 Yeah.  Not so bad.  Even if I fell, my body bashing against the rails on the way down would break my fall.  Very comforting.
Once on top, all was good.  Except the 30 mph winds and freezing temps, it was great!  There was ice to contend with, but I'm only 51, not 100.  What's a little ice?  In reality, it was fine until I walked to the edge and looked down.

No comments: