Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Cold, Basketball, Bikes, Birthdays and Food

The weekend started off with BRUTAL cold Friday night, but we still had to face it and take Eli to one of two basketball games for the weekend.  More on that later.  Saturday morning, I woke up to 16 degrees.  Cold enough to freeze the recently flooded mountain bike trails AND my fingers.
I took it like a champ and rode (skated) around on ice, both thick and thin.  I lasted an hour.  Which is about all of the time I had since Eli had another basketball game just after lunch.  I was glad I rode, though, since it's been really hard to get outside with the weather.
Did I mention that I have finally turned the black no-name mountain bike that I use as a cyclocross bike into my gravel bike?  It's true.  I raced 'cross and the 54 mile Cuban Gravel Crisis gravel race with flat bars.  Well, no more.  It has proper handlebars now.
Zooming to Eli's basketball game, this scoreboard represents a complete 180 degree turn over Friday nights game.  They played great this time and came a way winners.  Last nights game?  Nope.
More zooming ensued.  We zoomed to Columbia to meet Hanna at the Mizzou basketball game.   I've never been to a basketball game above high school level so it was pretty cool to see.  Pretty good game, although we lost.
Obligatory selfie.  Hanna was sitting with her peeps in the student section, obviously missing out on all the fun we were having.
Finally coming to her senses, Hanna met up with us and we all went to eat.  At the same time, we presented her with presents for her 19th birthday, which was a week ago.  It took all four of us to help her put her new necklace on.  Seriously.  We at a place called Cheddars, which is sort of like O'charly's or Applebee's.  We all ate too much and still had food to bring home in doggie bags. 
And tonight, I'm eating those leftovers.  Cajun Pasta. Still had enough to share with the Beautiful Mrs K.

No comments: