Pages

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Have to Steal the Opportunity to Mountain Bike

Spring is a sketchy dance partner.  You never really know what you're going to get.  Cold? Warm? Wet? Dry? A bit of all of the above during this past week.

I had heard some mixed reviews about the trail conditions around the area, so I chose Lost Valley today.  Not only is it one of the quickest places to dry out, but it's also the place with the fewest users on a really nice day...unlike Castlewood or Greensfelder.

It was mostly a good choice.  The only water/mud I encountered came from seeps on random hillsides.  You can see from my photo that it only resulted in a bit of splatter.  Otherwise, the trail was awesome.  Inexplicably, I had two Fred moments...I plunged my right foot into the creek on the way into the trail, and I plunged my left foot into the creek on the way out.  Yes, I was furious. 

No comments: