Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Car Watching - 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396

After getting some business done at Protech Collision in Ellisville, I wandered into the showroom.  Not really a showroom, exactly, but a place where really nice cars set on display while waiting on some paint or body work.  And what did my wandering eyes spy?  Why, a 1967 Chevelle, of course.
This absolute beauty is a SS 396.  Beautiful red paint, smooth lines, and some really base looking wheels, painted body color with some wide drag radials on the back.
396's in 1967 pumped out 375 horsepower.  Who knows what this one has to work with?
It's hard to find a bad angle on this one.  I was trying to figure out what sort of body work this one might need and I didn't come up with much.  There might be some misalignment of the fender/door relationship....I don't know.  I'd start this baby up and drive her home.  Any imperfections would just be character lines to me.

No comments: