Pages

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Zipline at Meramec Caverns 2016

 The kids have gone to Meramec Caverns Zipline before.  The youth group at church takes a trip down there in the fall, and this time I went with them. 
 The weather was amazing.  I'm standing at the Zipline building, looking down into the parking lot.  At the top of the photo is the river, and you can see the tops of the zipline towers in those trees.
 This is the tall tower on the starting side.  It's tall.  Anyone that knows me knows I opted out of hanging myself out on a wire 40 feet above the ground.
 This is the shorter ending tower.  Still tall.  Look at that blue sky!
The kids got their schooling on what to do and not to do.  Here they're getting the harnesses attached and they're ready to go.
Of course, Tyson went first.  He's fearless.  His face doesn't show it, as he's got kind of a grimace, but no one I know is more game to try something scary.  I could learn a lot from this dude.
Hanna went next, bless her heart.  Even she is braver than I am.  She admits that she was scared, though.
 Matt, Hanna's fine young man, let it all hang out.  He practically leaped out of the starting tower!
Another shot of the Meramec river, and in the trees you can see the other towers.  The kids zipped between those towers on that side, too.
This is the final tower on the other side.  It's the tallest.  It's the longest, too.  The zippers have to really hit it hard to make it all the way to the end tower on this side.  A lot of them stalled shy of the end tower.
Tyson almost made it.  The trees were right in front of the tower, so he only had to pull himself in a short distance.
 Hanna was just shy of the trees.  She hoofed it back in.
This looks scarier than it is.  That guy standing there helps pull the zippers onto the tower.  I had a good shot of Matt, I thought, but it was blurry.  He made it pretty far in before he stopped.
After eating ice cream in the concession area, I had to check out the cave entrance.  I love this place.  I could visit 20 more times and still not get enough of the cave.
 Had to stop here, paying guests only.  Love the kitchey Route 66 nature of Meramec Caverns.
Here was the whole group.  A fine young group.  So good, so well behaved.  Glad I went with them.

No comments: