Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Day 2016

 A little unconventional Thanksgiving this year.  Whatever your feelings on the "traditional" Thanksgiving, we think it's time to place our thanks in things that we know need recognizing.  Today, we started with the traditional Thanksgiving day football game that the Zimmer family has been a part of for 30 years or so.  It's been renamed the the Big Red Bowl, in honor of one of the founders, Keith Zimmer.  Keith is having a rough go of things, and it's important for us to give thanks for his lifetime of caring and service to others.
 The girls watching the rather large gathering for this year's game.  I stayed in the car.  I was cold, naturally.   To say nothing about my lack of football skills.
 I did spy the prize on the sidelines...a bowl of Big Red M&Ms.  I took a few.
 After a great lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's, I headed out to Chubb Trail for a little anti-retail therapy. 
This time, I brought my running shoes.  I wasn't sure if the trail would be dry enough to ride my mountain bike.  It was quite dry.  I'll ride there tomorrow, I think.  The run was quite cathartic. about 3 miles or so.  I saw one other person on the trail.  Chubb is quite near and dear to me.  It just feels right to be there.  I think I will have my ashes spread there when I die.

No comments: