Pages

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Car Watching - 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

 I cannot pretend that my knowledge of cool old cars goes any farther back than the mid 60's.  However, I would be a bonehead for not including the most iconic of American cars, the 1957 Chevrolet BelAir. 
 I caught this cool dude while at Meramec Caverns with the kids today.  It was a very nice surprise.
 The owner of this beauty drives it.  It's not a trailer queen, it's not a show piece.  But it turns heads, for sure.
 The BEST part of this car, right here.  Just so perfect.
 Hard to argue about the yellow/white/chrome combination.  Super clean.
 The hooded headlights just do it for me.  Gives the front such a personality.
The interior was nice.  A combination of new and old.  Again, you can tell that it's driven and that is awesome.  The plates are from Michigan.  Maybe taking a last tour before putting it away for the winter?  I caught it driving away, and it sounded great.  Who knows what's under the hood?  Doesn't matter, it's a V8 and that's perfect.

No comments: