Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October is Flying By

We've done a bit of whirlwind traveling lately.  Eli, myself, and the Beautiful Mrs. K have been hitting the NICA races across the state.  We traveled to Nixa (think Springfield, MO and you're pretty close) a couple weeks ago.  Rain was forecast the entire time but it didn't really factor into the race.  The night before, we got together with the Team (go Otters!) and Mrs. K wore pigtails.
I don't know why this is blog-worthy but it truly is: this was the best chicken pot pie I've ever had.  
Just look at that!  The Otters NICA team has an awesome set up for the races.  Two tents, and always a nice spread of food for the kids that were racing.  I usually sneak a bagel or a muffin.  Or two.  Sorry.
Kids at the races are pretty much like adults at the races.  Only more interactive than uptight adults.  And somewhat smaller.
This was the way the start of each wave looked.  Parents and coaches lined the starting shute and cheered like it was the Hunger Games.  Seriously, is there a better sport on Earth right now??
After a hard-fought race, we saddled up to drive home.  If you are far enough west on highway 44, you will eventually have to get gas at one of these.  And I always need a photo.
Back at home, Eli and I were lucky enough to attend the Funduro at Bluffview.  There is a new, kick-ass downhill run there and Matt Johnson and his Loki Events team put on a killer show.  That downhill is NO JOKE.  I still can't jump.
Eli had his first crash.  I kid you not, this kid is like a Weeble.  He may wobble at times but he doesn't fall down.  Even this crash was really just a scrub against the trail wall after the big step up.  He's pretty proud of these scrapes!
The next day, the Beautiful Mrs. K and I drove to St. Joe State Park to ride the mountain bike trail.  We've been numerous times to ride the cool paved path, but this was the first time on the mountain bike trail.  I knew she'd like it.  We stopped at the tubes for a couple of tourist shots.
She got a nice picture of my arse.
The obligatory selfie, just to prove we were there.  The weather was so good that it was hard to believe.  Just look at that sky!

 And an up-close photo, which will probably end up as our blog main photo once I figure out how to do it.  I've been doing this blog for 15 years and it still takes me an hour to modify the main page. 

No comments: