Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Car Watching - 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon Futura

We had a customer stop by the store the other day for some things and I noticed his car.  I asked him if he was driving a 64 Falcon.  "63 1/2," he said.  And that matters, as Ford was pretty big on mid-year introductions for cars in those days.  I asked him if he minded if I took a few photos and he welcomed me outside to check it out.
It's a real beauty, super gloss black, and very straight lines.  The Falcon is very well proportioned versus a lot of 60's cars.  The hood length and trunk length look just about perfect to my eyes.  Kind of funny that the first Mustangs were built on Falcon platforms with their long hood/short trunk profile.
Bumpers looked great, and I've always been a fan of the round tail lights that were on many early 60's Ford models.  We got to talking and I totally forgot to take a photo of the very, very cool red vinyl interior.  Trust me, it's really nice in there!
And under the hood is the perfect engine, a 170 cubic inch inline six.  No fire-breathing V8's here, although this would have been the first chance to get a 260.  This engine bay was impressively clean and tidy.  It's so nice to see someone care for a 57-year-old car that is not the typical 60's muscle car.  Just a nice looking cruiser!

No comments: