Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Creating a Work-Life Balance, Even if it Kills Me

We were pretty bummed about the weather last weekend in Farmington.  It put the kibosh on the race for us.  I had Friday morning off, so I drove back down to St. Joe State Park to hit the trail hard, for three laps, just like the race would have been for me.  Well, it was still pretty soft.  I didn't let it bum me out, I just went hard and had fun and got a good workout.  I even took the hardtail shit bike and it was perfectly awesome. Then I drove home and went to the shop to work.
Although I don't have photographic evidence, I have been riding with a certain someone to get them back onto the bike after an injury.  Perhaps a few days before they have gotten the okey-dokey from the doctor to do so.  Life happens!  So I did get a photo of the ceiling fan that I installed.  3 down, 3 to go!
I do have photographic evidence of my oldest baby and me going for a kick-ass road ride.  She's done a few miles lately with the Girls Night Out crew from the shop, and she's getting into it.  I took her out to Wildwood and started at Greensfelder and did some great roads.  She's quite the natural, and she loves to remind me that she was a multiple winner of the Gateway Cup kids races...

 ...and our first attempt at a selfie went a little wrong and we took full advantage of it!

No comments: