Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Bad Blogger - I will Make the Excuse that I'm Busy

I really am busy.  It's a pretty lame excuse, but the shop takes up so much time.  The Beautiful Mrs. K and I have very little free time these days and it takes a lot of effort to sit down and write these wonderfully crafted posts... :)  Anyway, this is a perfect time to show off my amazing firstborn child, Hanna.  She's recently become our social media person for the shop, and of course, she is our styling coordinator as well. Now, she's riding in our Girls Night Out (GNO) rides.  Since Mrs. K's bike has been available, she's riding that and having a good time.  She calls road bikes "curly bar bikes", so you know she is serious.
I was able to get down to St. Joe State Park last week, in anticipation of the race there.  The course was super fun and fast.  Alas, Farmington experienced a Noah's Ark-type flood the morning of the race and we bailed out after only driving a few miles down highway 55.  So, we turned around and headed north.
North into Illinois, to Litchfield and the Route 66 trails at Lake Lou Yaeger park.  It was Eli's idea, and it turned out to be a good one.  We had visited these trails about 6 months ago, and were happy to see they had added more.  It was a blast.  Best thing:  we arrived about 9:30am and there was no one there.  Really, just a few walkers and two riders!  Even the lake was lonely.  By the time we left, there were a few more people but very surprisingly, it was wide open for us.

 I had to strike a pose with the new, more colorful SSC kit.  I had thought that the black kit would be my favorite.  But it turns out, color is cool.  Eli and I both sported our new duds, but he declothed to quickly for me to take a pic of him.

No comments: