Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Mountain Biking and Driving Go Hand in Hand

The beautiful Mrs. K and Eli are my main mountain biking crew (Team Kakouris!) these days.  Just last Sunday Eli and I drove to St. James to ride the Route 66/Forest City course.  We've driven tons and tons of miles over the last couple of years to ride in our favorite places, as well as explore new ones.  Kind of ironic that something as healthy and pollution-free as riding a bike takes driving a smoggy car to get to the cool places to ride.  
This brings me to my point.  I live 2 miles from work these days, so the only real mileage my car gets is driving to places to mountain bike.  This also means it's been quite some time since I've had to change the oil.  After Eli and I got back from our extremely enjoyable ride on the Forest City trails, it was time for an oil change. I still brag when I don't spill a single drop of oil.  So I'm bragging.  72,000 miles on the Focus, and I want to make sure it's still running well for Eli when he comes of age next year.
Since it's been a while between oil changes, I decided to put in a new air filter as well.  Good thing.  The old one looked as though it was well on it's way to having black lung.  And can I just say that modern air filters are a BITCH to install??  Whatever happened to serviceability?? Nevertheless, it's changed.  I was still not completely exhausted, so I went ahead and rotated the tires as well.  My smartwatch said 25,000 steps that day, and I believe it. 
 

No comments: