Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Ever wonder where your Weekend goes? I sure do.

My first Saturday off since we bought South Side.  It's been a looooong run.  So it was extra awesome that I was able to spend it with Eli at Broemmelsiek for the practice race weekend that the NICA organization put on.  There were tons of people from all over the metro area.  Not sure why Eli is giving me "the face" in this pic.
After a learning lap with the South City team, I was asked to help the kids with the starting line antics.  It's never easy to line up with a bunch of snarling, competitive people and have someone say "GO!" The team has come a long way and it's nice to see how much they love to ride their mountain bikes.

After a few mock starts, Eli and I did another slightly hotter lap on the full course.  I'm impressed with his improvements over the last year.

The second day of the NICA event was canceled due to the forecast.  It was supposed to rain cats and dogs.  When it didn't, I suited up and did some hot laps of my own at Greensfelder.  Yep, it was that kind of day.
When I got home, the Beautiful Mrs K was ready to start her recovery.  She's suffered quite a bit with her injury.  Her surgery last week put in a titanium metal plate and nine screws where her plain old clavicle used to be.  Yikes.  But she is no whiner and onto the trainer she went. Go baby, go!
What did Remi the Hound Dog think of all of this?  He thinks we ought to be throwing the frisbee for him, of course.
 

No comments: