Pages

Sunday, May 02, 2021

Greensfelder Mountain Bike Race

Greensfelder is near and dear to my heart, as most of my friends and family know.  It was the scene of my very first mountain bike race in 1988.  And today, the Greensfelder Challenge (hosted by DRJ and GORC Trails) was Eli's first race, too!  He's much younger than I was when I started, 15 years old and in the Junior class.  He is a fantastic bike rider and he can ride pretty much any trail.  We are incredibly proud of him.  He's #359 in the center of this photo.
And I was pretty happy myself, snagging 4th overall and 1st in the Old Man's class. I haven't raced in a couple of years, so I'm just as surprised as you are.  The course was fantastic and the racing was top notch.  Kudos to Bob Arnold, his DRJ crew, and GORC Trails for a wonderful event.
Since we had to splash through 4 creeks at the bottom of the course, I had to get the bikes cleaned up when we got home.  Eli laid down for a nap, poor guy.  But the bikes are buffed and they are ready for our next adventure.  Thanks also to the Beautiful Mrs. K for dragging herself out to the races even though she's obviously not feeling great after her shoulder surgery!
 

No comments: