Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Don't Let the Tree Beat You


It wasn't even storming the other day when I got a text and photo of this monster branch that broke off from our busted ass tree in the back yard.  I knew it was going to be a lot of work.  I really don't have a lot of extra money sitting around to pay a tree trimmer to come and clear it up for me.  So it was me versus the tree.
The worst part was cutting up the leafy branches so that I could get to the big stuff.  I ended up with 10 yard waste bags.  And my back hurt.
I borrowed a chainsaw from my brother in law.  This thing was awesome.  I sliced this stuff up like it was warm butter.  But like, a LOT of warm butter.  It took a while. And my back hurt.
So after all the crying was done, I went inside, took a shower, and sat down for a minute.  I don't drink often, and certainly don't drink much beer.  In the fridge was this pint bottle from the Dirty South gravel race I did in March.  So I drank it.  It was strong.  My back didn't hurt anymore.
And since I had sat down in front of Eli's gaming computer, he prompted me to play GTA with him.  I drove some cool cars badly, ran over some pedestrians, and we had a good laugh.
Then this happened.

Tim = 1.  Tree = 0.

No comments: