Pages

Saturday, May 02, 2020

We Laugh - We Cry - We go on about our Business

Although nothing really takes our minds off of Rex right now, we do soldier on.  We have to eat, work, do dishes, clean house, pay bills, etc.  Everything reminds us of our canine wrecking ball, but luckily we've laughed more than cried today.  I changed the oil in the Focus.  Didn't spill a drop.
I finally cleared out the back corner of the yard.  An old basketball hoop and various other garbage had accumulated back there. Looks pretty good now.  The photo reminds me of how much all of our dogs have loved to walk along that short wall as they patrolled the yard.  And how much that odd paint splatter on the wall reminds me of a pig.
Did I say ONE basketball hoop?  Nay, but there were TWO.  One in the corner of the back yard, and one on the side of the house.  Seems like when they ruined one, we just bought them another.  We're kind of hard headed like that.  But....I got them all stuffed into the back of the fresh-oil-infused Focus and drove the mess to the dump.  And now I need to vacuum it all out again.
Much more enjoyable was our sweetheart ride at Cliff Cave tonight.  Hot but not humid, we had a fantastic little ride.  I took the shop demo Roscoe with me, as I've never spent any time on a 27.5+ bike.  Man, I had a lot of fun on that thing.  If I ever had to give up my full suspension bike, I would have a Roscoe in a minute.
The beautiful Mrs K took a breather while I did a hot lap on the Bluff trail.  That confirmed the fun factor of the Roscoe, and how beautiful an evening sky can be when it's the backdrop of a sweet mountain bike ride.

Onward and upward.  It's what we do.  Over and over.  Because we're not perfect, and life has too many curve balls to expect perfection.

No comments: