Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Elephant Rocks - A Great Family Outing

I hadn't visited Elephant Rocks since church camp in 1978.  I remember it being pretty darn cool then.  We got a wild hair and decided to use our Memorial Day to revisit this awesome display of nature.
 Hanna and Eli are really, really strong now.
 There was rock climbing, but not the kind that needed ropes and stuff.
 So many cool formations in the massive rock piles.  Who are those creeps peeping on??
 The rocks, the clouds, the sun.  Wonderful views everywhere.
 The pools of water atop the rocks were really neat, too.  There were tadpoles in them!
 I loved the reflections in the pools.
 There were ominous clouds at times, too.  But never a drop this day.
 Secret views, too, if you looked for them.
 A monster rock, sitting atop monster rocks.
 Lots of paths through the rocks that would be dead ends if you didn't climb a little.
 And there were paths that ended up in teeny tiny crevice.  My large-ish ass would not fit here.
 Rock field atop the largest rock structure.
I had to play a bit with black and white because I thought my beautiful daughter looked exceptional here.
 After walking through Fat Man's Crack, we found the quarry.
 Eli was not scared, but I didn't go any closer to the edge of this one.
 Second quarry, and I thought this was a beautiful shot.
We followed Hanna back toward Perryville and ate together at Mary Jane's.  Great place to eat, especially with the beautiful weather and outdoor seating.  Get the fish tacos.

No comments: