Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Trivia Night for the Win!

I've never been on a winning trivia night team.  Until Friday night.  With some luck on the questions, and a lot of brains on the team, we won.  Just look at the brains just bursting out of this crew! 
 The winners got Smarties!  I hate Smarties!  But we got them for winning!
Of course there were Buck shinanigans.  These guys are always good trivia team mates, but this night they were on different teams.
After the games were over, I almost cried when I walked out to see that my daughter has the bad parking gene, just like me!  I'm so proud!
She made me so happy I decided to change her oil. But Volvo's are not ordinary vehicles.  They are from a strange and mysterious land.  They have funny parts, and even funnier locations.  It was even hard to jack up.  Look at it....it just sits there and mocks me.
The kicker was the oil filter.  Not just because it was the odd-ball open filter type.  No, that would be ok.  It was the fact that it wasn't under the engine, where most oil filters are.  It was on top of the engine.  It required a huge 36mm socket to remove.  And there was a big O-ring that, when removed, shot me in the forehead.  But I beat it!  And the oily residue came off of my forehead with minor scrubbing!
 A bit later, Eli was installed by his peers for Demolay.  He's a good kid!
 Later still, Hanna and Eli went on a bit of a photo shoot.  His style and dress are second to none!
And for our last act of the day, the beautiful Mrs K and I went for a kick ass mountain bike ride at Creve Coeur park.  Yes, the trails were in fantastic shape.

No comments: