Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Mountain Biking Has Resumed!

First things first: I was very surprised by carrots in my lunch box this week, but it was a pleasant surprise.  Better for me than Little Debbie Snack Cakes, for certain.
I was quite sure Spring had not arrived when I ran at Greensfelder the other day.  I was actually shaking when I took this photo.  I warmed up when I started running, but was not happy.
This is the face I make when, on a gloriously sunny morning, my fingers and toes were numb from a quick Porkchop loop.  Damn, Spring!!  Where the hell are you??
After finding myself quite drawn to the new Buick Regal GS, I had to quickly redeem myself by finding something very young-hearted, fast, loud, obnoxious, and ridiculous.  As fate had it, a Lamborghini Gallardo was stopped next to me in traffic.  Perfect to exorcise the old-man tendencies.  The license plate is awesome on this one.
More proof that we may be old but we ain't dead yet.  The beautiful Mrs K and I went for a ride at our favorite place, Greensfelder.  The trails were not really ready for spring, either, but there we were.
Not to be beaten down by the tough conditions at Greensfelder, we cleaned up nicely and went for margaritas up the street.  That turned out to be a good decision.
A not so good thing while cleaning up the bikes this weekend:  Stan's Crest MK3 rim, RIP.  Fourteen spoke holes cracked.  This is on the gravel bike, so I had to get another rim on order.  Oh, the pain, the pain!
Again pushing the "Spring" button on the outdoor elevator, Mrs K and I headed to Bluffview.  It was a mixed bag of trail conditions but it wasn't too bad weather-wise.  I met up with some great friends there and Deanna got some more break-in time on the Trance.  I got a health-food hotdog at Qwik Trip afterward.

I'm including this photo because I don't look angry, fat, or old here.  That's a goal and dammit, I captured that moment!

No comments: