Pages

Monday, October 09, 2017

The Best Laid Plans - Or What I've Done the Last Three Days

I really had Friday planned out well.  Or I thought I did.  Car problem(s) changed those plans very early. My hooptie had the original battery from the factory.  Yep, 7 years old and 152,000.  I should have given this battery a 21 gun salute.  Thank you for your service, dude!
As luck would have it, I was a mere 100 yards from the place where a good friend works.  He brought his car over to mine and jumped started it.  About a 1/4 mile down the road was an Autozone, and they sell batteries there.  I have noticed that the negative terminal was gathering a lot of corrosion, so this large crack in the battery shell was no surprise.  You mess with the bull, you get the horns.  Or in this case, a dead battery.
 Fully charged, I went on to work on the days big project.  More security cameras.  Crawl spaces are devilish places, full of insulation and exposed nails.  I managed to NOT get a nail to the head and found the spot in the hardest place possible.  I yelled "kick ass", not knowing there were others in the house.  A little embarrassed but proud anyway, the others were time consuming but not difficult.  Pro tip:  insulation is still itchy.
 Needy dog, needy owner.  When you're down, you need a good dog.
L.L. Cool J famously rapped "Don't Call it a Comeback, I've Been Here for Years".  So yeah, I raced the Sylvan Springs cyclocross race yesterday.  I opted for a new kit instead of the aging team stuff, dubbed "Volt".  It helped my aging body win the 50+ field.  It was awesome!

No comments: