Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Highs and Lows, Yin and Yang, 99 Problems

Eli broke his leg a week ago.  Sort of ankle, I guess.  The hefty little bulge at the ankle is a broken fibula.  A lot like my broken leg/ankle a few years ago.  He's being a lot better sport about it, though.
You know how kids really want to ride in those electric carts at the store that are reserved for people that have trouble walking?  Bonus!  Breaking a leg gets you a first class ticket on the Walmart Express.
And then it rained.  The night before cyclocross races in St. Louis is a good time to play amateur meteorologist and predict rain.  Because.  This time, the race was at Queeny park.  Much grass.  Much, much wet grass.  Surprisingly, no mud.  Pretty awesome, really.  And the temps were good for just a jersey and bare legs.
Things went well.  I didn't catch the leaders of the 40+ or Single Speed, but I managed another 1st in 50+ which was good for 3rd overall.  All in all, it ended up being more fun than I thought. (photo credit to Katie Van Hook!!!)
Another weird moment on the scale today.  I was shocked to see 165lbs Friday.  This afternoon it was 162.something.  What the hell?  Part of me is curious to see the 150's. Part of me is curious to not be dying.  That's a joke.  Seriously.

No comments: