Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Car Watching - 1967 Ford Fairlane 500

 I'm a Ford guy, and this Fairlane is one of my unicorns.  I have always been blown away by the stacked headlights, the fastback roofline, and the sort of "7/8 Galaxie" sizing.  This is a 1967 Ford Fairlane 500, and it's owner has taken such good care of this baby.
 It's hard to find a bad angle on the '67, and the body on this one is so delicious.  I like the personalized plate (curiously, only on the front??).
 A little exhaust pipe action peeking out from below the fender just behind the rear wheel.  No gaudy big dual pipes here, just classy.  There are dual pipes, just understated.
 Right click the photo to get a full-sized look.  You can see the gravel reflected in the chrome. 
 There's that other pipe peeking out.  See the body and paint on this thing??  Damn fine work.
There's my stacked headlights.  And that "289" emblem.  The Fairlane had similar engine choices to the Mustang, as were transmission choices.  This was probably a normal 2V engine from the factory, but I would not doubt if somewhere along the way it has been beefed up.  Even so, it would have had 200 horsepower (gross) from the factory with it's 3-speed Cruise-o-Matic automatic transmission.  There were fire-breathing Fairlanes, such as the "R" code 427's, but that's collector stuff and this one is such a perfect every day car.  The interior was fine, too, but those photos turned out badly.

I'm in lust with a green Fairlane and I can't do anything about it.  I hope this one, which is for sale, goes to a wonderful new owner who cares for it as much as this owner has.

No comments: