Pages

Monday, September 01, 2014

Johnson's Shut-Ins

 To a lot of Missourians, Johnson's Shut-Ins is a pretty common stop on the "Things to Do in Missouri".  It shouldn't surprise you, then, that I've never been.
 The beautiful Mrs. K and I took Hanna, Tyson, and Eli on Sunday.  I was amazed.  I was floored by the rock formations.  I'm not one to love water, but this was different.  Right click on the photos and they will be much bigger.
 It was like hiking and lake swimming and creek walking all rolled into one.
 Every where you turn, there is another rock face or drop off.  It was a little intimidating at first.  There was no way of knowing how deep the water would be at any one point...except putting your foot in and seeing where you'd touch.
 I finally made my way all the way to the end of this photo.  That's where the crazy kids (including Tyson!) would jump off the bluff walls and into the water.
 This is the only photo that I caught all three kids together in the rocks.  They were much faster than I through the maze of rocks and water.
Rex wasn't allowed in the actual rocky sections, but he did get to explore the river upstream.  And then he slept for a full day.

No comments: