Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Living some BMX memories with the young one

No, the Redline is mine.  But I let Eli sit on it for the photo.

Once a week, I try to ride my BMX bike up to the school close by to run the stairs.  It's a sure-fire way to get onto the little bike, and it's a great way to warm up for the stairs...and I can wear normal running shoes.  Tonight, I brought the little guy with me.  We have been riding around the neighborhood a bit lately, and tonight he rode his BMX bike, too.

After I ran stairs for a few minutes, we lined up in the empty parking lot to do some sprints from a dead stop.  Sound familiar to any of my ancient friends?  He kept asking me why I was so fast.  I asked him if he ever paid attention when I bragged about myself.  I think he finally grasped that I was not slow back in the dark ages.  Then I showed him how to do a proper start.  The old crew would have been proud of him.

A little earlier tonight, I put new bar tape on Tyson's road bike.  He is threatening to do the Tuesday night crit tomorrow night.

These things make me proud.

No comments: