Pages

Monday, August 05, 2013

Rex is an Amalgamation

 When I walked into our bedroom the other night, I shook my head and laughed.  Yes, that is an expensive comforter that has been gutted.  And it's very, very obvious what happened.  But, I was reminded of the photo below.
This was Rosco in 1999.  He, too, had a habit of pulling the stuffing out of anything that had it.  Stuffed animals, pillows, blankets, you name it.  The photo with Rosco is a little more dramatic...small, dark haired dog sitting in the middle of a pile of stuffing.  But Rex is no slouch.  He has found stuffing where I did not know it existed.  And when I found Rex, he was sleeping hard, as if disemboweling the comforter took up his day's worth of power.

That's one of the funny things about Rex.  He possesses traits from all of our previous dogs.  He is unimaginably frustrating, unimaginably destructive, incredibly loud, such a bull in a glass store.  And we love him.

No comments: